Globally renowned luxury publishing company Assouline and One Tree Planted collaborate in their joint mission to help create a more sustainable world. At the start of their partnership in 2019, Assouline proudly celebrated their 25 year anniversary as a publishing brand by successfully planting 25,000 trees in regions where their paper has been sourced. The company will continue to honor their commitment in becoming an environmentally conscious company and plans to exceed their number of trees planted with their efforts in the years to come.
Through its participation in this amazing initiative, Assouline will maintain its focus on not only protecting endangered forests, but also restoring the many trees that have already been affected and destroyed by natural disasters. The organization anticipates that the continued planting of these trees, while further aiding our planet’s already-growing biodiversity, will help provide cleaner breathing air for the entire world, and spur positive social and climate action in future years.
With its efforts to contribute to a more sustainable environment, Assouline—along with its customers—can make the world a more livable place for all. In doing so, Assouline will further spread the message in hopes to inspire its readers to do the same, with an imprinted note inside of each book that is written as follows:
Assouline supports One Tree Planted in its commitment to create a more sustainable world through reforestation.
The below list of powerful facts highlights the environmental value of trees and the importance in protecting our rainforests:
• 1.6 billion people rely on forests for their livelihoods
• 80% of the world’s forests are already destroyed and 46,000-58,000 square
miles of forest are lost every year
• More than 121 natural remedies in the rainforest can be used as medicines
• 50% of all terrestrial plant and animal species in the worlds live in tropical rainforests
• The world’s rainforests could completely vanish in a hundred years at the
current rate of deforestation
• Tropical forest destruction accounts for about 20% of current greenhouse gas emissions
• According to National Geographic, an estimated 17% of the Amazon rainforest has been destroyed over the past 50 years due to deforestation
About One Tree Planted
One Tree Planted is a non-profit environmental charity that is committed to the reforestation and planting of trees, making it easier for people to help make a change for a better planet. Beginning in 2014, they have more than doubled the number of trees planted year over year. Fast-forward to today, the organization now works with reforestations partners in North America, South America, Asia, and Africa who assist in planting trees in the ground to restore forests after fires and floods, create jobs, build communities, and protect habitat for biodiversity.