Assouline is proud to announce its collaboration with One Tree Planted in its initiative to help create a more sustainable world. Assouline will join forces with this impactful, non-profit organization in its pledge to plant 25,000 trees in the Amazonian rainforest. With 2019 also marking Assouline’s notable 25th year anniversary as a family owned publishing brand, the company could not think of a more incredible way to celebrate than giving back and preserving our precious earth.
Through this initiative, Assouline intends to achieve their goal of not only recovering endangered forests, but also restoring those trees that have been immensely affected and destroyed by the recent fires in the Amazonian rainforest.
One Tree Planted anticipates that the trees they plant now will further add to our environment’s growth in biodiversity, provide cleaner air, and continue to promote positive social and climate changes in the years to come. With its efforts to contribute to a more sustainable world, Assouline and its customers can help the world become a more sustainable place for everyone.
The below list of powerful facts highlights the environmental value of trees and the importance in protecting our rainforests:
• 1.6 billion people rely on forests for their livelihoods
• 80% of the world’s forests are already destroyed and 46,000-58,000 square
miles of forest are lost every year
• More than 121 natural remedies in the rainforest can be used as medicines
• 50% of all terrestrial plant and animal species in the worlds live in tropical rainforests
• The world’s rainforests could completely vanish in a hundred years at the
current rate of deforestation
• Tropical forest destruction accounts for about 20% of current greenhouse gas emissions
• According to National Geographic, an estimated 17% of the Amazon rainforest has been destroyed over the past 50 years due to deforestation
About One Tree Planted
One Tree Planted is a non-profit environmental charity that is committed to the reforestation and planting of trees, making it easier for people to help make a change for a better planet. Beginning in 2014, they have more than doubled the number of trees planted year over year. Fast-forward to today, the organization now works with reforestations partners in North America, South America, Asia, and Africa who assist in planting trees in the ground to restore forests after fires and floods, create jobs, build communities, and protect habitat for biodiversity.