Frequently Asked Questions
- In light of the evolving global situation, our fulfillment center is taking the necessary precautions to ensure health and safety.
- Please be advised how this can affect the timing of your order.
- We strive to ship orders placed before 12pm Monday-Friday the same day, however we occasionally experience delays in order processing due to the above precautions. In the event of future restrictions and delays, please allow up to 48 hours for your order to ship.
- Please be advised shipping carriers worldwide are experiencing occasional service delays, which may affect the delivery of your order.
- Orders placed after 12pm, weekends, or holidays (ex: Memorial Day) will ship the next business day as possible but may take up to 2 business days.
Where can I purchase Assouline products?
- Assouline products are principally sold on Assouline.com and within our own store network around the world. To see a full list of our stores with opening hours and contact details, please visit our store locator page.
- Assouline is also available for purchase in a variety of retailers in 77 countries around the world including:
The United States, France, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, and China.
- Special editions are sold exclusively at the Assouline direct channels.
Which products are available for purchase on Assouline.com?
- Assouline.com offers products across all categories including books, notebooks, bookstands, accessories, and stationary.
- Each product is labeled with the following availability: Available, Pre-Order, Coming Soon, Out of Stock.
- Products available for immediate purchase will ship the same day if ordered by 12pm EST. Orders placed on the weekend or during an observed holiday will ship the next operating business day.
What are Pre-Order items?
- Pre-Order items are products that can be purchased in advance. Estimated time frames are indicated on the product detail page and may take several weeks, potentially arriving sooner or later than estimated. You may at any time cancel your pre-ordered item in the event it has not shipped.
- Pre-Order items are not eligible for gift wrapping.
- For assistance and updates on your Pre-Order, please contact us.
What if an item isn’t available?
- If an item you are interested in is not available for purchase or pre-order, you can request an “Email Me When” notification. Once the item is available, we will email you immediately.
- Please also signup for our newsletter for the latest product news including back in stock notifications.
Where are Assouline products made?
- Assouline titles are produced in Italy, Asia, and the United States.
- Manufacturing of our leather goods takes place in Italy and our furniture collection is made in the finest workshops in Spain.
- Limited and special edition items (books, furniture, leather goods) are manufactured in different countries around the world on a case-by-case basis.
- In all these workshops, the choice of the finest materials, experienced craftsmen and the extreme care devoted to all manufacturing phases of our items perpetuate and renew our tradition of excellence and refinement.
How do I care for an Assouline book?
- As our books are delicate objects handcrafted with the finest silks, cottons, linens, papers, and other exquisite materials, to preserve its quality and lasting beauty for future generations, the following care guidelines are recommended:
- Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight and high temperatures — Although Assouline books are laminated with a UV coating to ensure longevity, they are crafted with organic materials that will deteriorate if not cared for properly. Exposure to direct sunlight will cause discoloration, and high temperatures will break down the binding. While storage in a dark room is fine, take care to ensure it is not too humid or damp, as exposure to moisture will lead to degradation in the paper, and warp the boards and paper.
- Avoid direct exposure to water, oils, and other liquids — It’s best to keep away any liquids, oils or perfumes, for if they come into contact with the book, its slipcase or clamshell, they may remove ink or color; wrinkle pages or tip-on photographs; or lead to discoloration, warping, or further damage.
- Store your books upright with adequate room to breathe — To ensure their lasting quality, Assouline books should be stored vertically, never diagonally, on a shelf beside a supportive book-end, wall, or other book, while taking care to ensure there’s enough space so as to avoid any friction that could cause damage to the delicate exterior.
- Routine upkeep — As accumulating dust can encourage mold and mildew growth, a regular dusting using a soft paintbrush away from the shelf is encouraged to preserve the pages and spine.
ORDERS & PAYMENT
What forms of payment do you accept?
- Assouline accepts the following forms of payment for online purchases:
- American Express
- Apple Pay
- Shop Pay
- Klarna (available in US only)
- Assouline US Gift Card
Will I be charged sales tax?
- Local taxes, if applicable, will be added to your order as required by law in AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, IL, KS, KY, MD, MA, MI, NV, NJ, NY, NC, OH, PA, RI, TN, TX, VA, and WI.
- International orders could be subject to import taxes, custom duties and fees once the shipment arrives at its destination. The recipient may be responsible for such charges, and the charge can vary from country to country.
Does Assouline offer payment plan options?
- Assouline has partnered with Shop Pay and Klarna to offer pay in four interest-free installments.
- To make a purchase using this option, please choose Shop Pay or Klarna at time of checkout.
Can I use multiple forms of payment?
- At this time, we only accept one form of payment per order.
Can I cancel or modify my order?
- We will honor an order cancelation or modification within 30 minutes after receiving your order confirmation.
- To modify your order, please contact us.
SHIPPING & DELIVERY
Where do you ship to?
- Our U.S. site, assouline.com, ships to addresses in the United States, Canada, Mexico, U.S. Territories, and South and Central America. For orders shipping to Europe, Asia, or Africa please visit our EU site at eu.assouline.com.
What shipping options are available?
|Shipping Method||Estimated Delivery|
|FedEx Ground||3-7 business days|
|FedEx 2nd Day||2 business days
(if ordered by 12pm EST)
|FedEx Next Day||1 business day
(if ordered by 12pm EST)
|FedEx International Economy||7-15 business days|
|FedEx International Priority||5-10 business days|
- Free on eligible U.S. orders over $200. Not eligible for orders shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, and U.S. Territories.
- Most orders shipped via Standard Service are processed and shipped in 1 - 2 business days, depending on product availability.
- Most Standard orders are delivered within 5 business days from the order's ship date.
- We do not ship to P.O. boxes or APO/FPO addresses.
- 2nd Day orders placed by 12pm EST will be processed and shipped the same day, depending on product availability. 2nd Day orders placed after 12pm EST will be processed and shipped the next business day.
- Orders shipped via 2nd Day Service are delivered within 2 business days from the order's ship date.
- Orders destined for U.S. Territories, and APO/FPO locations are not eligible for 2nd Day Service.
- Overnight orders placed by 12pm EST will be processed and shipped the same day, depending on product availability. Overnight orders placed after 12pm EST will be processed and shipped the next business day.
- Orders shipped via Overnight Service are delivered within 1 business day from the order's ship date.
- Orders destined for U.S. Territories, and APO/FPO locations are not eligible for Overnight Service.
- Available for orders shipping to Canada, Mexico, and Central and South America.
- For orders shipping to Europe, Asia, or Africa please visit eu.assouline.com.
- Most orders shipped via International Service are processed and shipped in 1 - 2 business days, depending on product availability.
- Most International orders are delivered within 7 business days from the order's ship date.
How can I track my order?
- Once your item(s) have shipped you will receive a confirmation email where you will find a link to track your order. In order to check the status of your shipment just click on the link, here you will also have the option of opting in for text updates.
- Actual delivery dates cannot be guaranteed and are subject to circumstances beyond our control, including delays by carrier, supply chain issues, weather, and other factors.
- Please note that orders over $2000 require a signature.
- If you need further assistance tracking your package, please contact FedEx directly at 1-800-GO-FEDEX and provide your tracking number.
Can I modify my shipping address?
- If you need to modify your shipping or delivery information after your order has been placed, please contact us within 30 minutes of receiving your order information.
- Shipping information, including delivery address, cannot be modified once the order has already been shipped.
- Please note, shipping and delivery information for orders purchased through Facebook, PayPal, Shop Pay, and Klarna may not be modified once the order has been submitted.
Can I ship to different addresses in the same order?
- Unfortunately, at this time we can only ship to one address per order.
RETURNS & EXCHANGES
What is your online return policy
- If the content of your order arrives damaged, or is incorrect, please contact Customer Service as soon as possible. If you received a damaged item, please email us with your order number, details of the damage and photos if possible.
- If you wish to return your order for any other reason, we allow returns for exchange or merchandise credit only within 14 days of delivery. No refunds. Please note you will be responsible for the return shipping cost. Please email us to begin the return process. Items must be returned in the same condition in which they were received and within 14 days of the delivery date. Exchanges and credit are applicable only at the original point of purchase.
Can I return an item I bought online to an Assouline store?
- Assouline stores do not accept returns from purchases made online.
- Items purchased at Assouline retail locations can only be returned to where the original transaction occurred.
Can I return an item purchased from a different seller?
- Assouline only accepts returns on products purchased directly from our website or retail locations. For return queries (including damages) for products purchased through third-party sellers, please contact the original point of purchase.
Are delivery charges refundable?
- Any original shipping charges incurred at the time of purchase are non-refundable.
Does Assouline offer gift wrapping?
- Yes, we offer signature gift wrapping on all our books. When this option is selected, books are wrapped in a special white matte gift wrapping paper – sourced specifically by the Assouline family and sealed with the brand’s signature wax seal for the final touch of luxury. You also have the option of including a personalized message during checkout.
- Gift wrapping is not available for items on pre-order.
- Complimentary gift wrapping is available on the Ultimate Collection.
How do I add gift wrapping to an item?
- You may add signature gift wrapping on the product detail page or on the checkout page by clicking on the Gift Wrap option.
Can I return or exchange an item gifted to me by someone else?
- Unfortunately, we do not allow returns or exchanges on gifted items.
Does Assouline offer corporate gifting?
- Assouline offers corporate gifting options to personalize the covers based on volume orders.
- For volume discounts, personalization, and specialty gifting, please email us.
Where can I purchase an Assouline gift card?
- Gift cards can be purchased at our retail locations only.
- Gift cards purchased in the US are only valid for purchases at our US Assouline boutiques our Assouline.com.
- The Maison Assouline London Gift Card is only valid for purchases at our Piccadilly boutique.
- The Assouline Paris Gift Card is only valid for purchases at our Paris boutique.
Do gift cards expire?
- Gift Cards have no expiration date. The balance of the Card cannot be refunded or exchanged for cash, except as required by law. Assouline will not replace lost, stolen, misplaced or damaged Gift Cards.
What currencies can be used to purchase gift cards?
- Gift Cards may be purchased with no fees in the following currencies:
US Dollars (USD $)
British Pounds (GBP £)
Euros (EUR €)
How do I become a Wholesale Partner?
- To become a wholesale partner, fill out this form.
How do I apply for a job at Assouline?
- You can visit our Careers Page for the latest job openings or if you would like to be considered for future openings, please send your resume and a description of the role to: email@example.com.
How can I contact an author?
- For all press inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Some authors have email addresses, contact forms, or publicity addresses on their personal websites, which we may link to on the author's detail page.
I work for a media outline interested in covering an Assouline book. How can I request a review copy?
- Requests for Advance Reader’s Editions or books for reviewers or media must be made directly to the press department at Assouline Publishing, email@example.com and someone from the team will get back to you at their earliest convenience.
How do I pitch a publishing partnership, or book, to Assouline?
- For all partnership inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.